OK, this is the boring bit hardly anybody reads. Wouldn’t it be much better if we could say, we’re all reasonable people who try to be nice to each other… so why do we need all this? But apparently we do. So here goes;
Sheffield Tango Festival is committed to protecting your privacy. Any information that we collect about you (name, address, email) will not be shared with other organisations and will be used lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You are able to unsubscribe or to refuse any email from us at any time in the future.
Payments for festival events may be made via a third party provider such a PayPal. Sheffield Tango Festival organisers do not receive any credit card or bank card information at any stage. Nor do we store this information.
We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. Any information which we do hold will be held securely in accordance with our own security policy and the law.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy, please contact us.
You may ask to sign up for the Tango in the Peaks Monthly Newsletter which gives details of tango events in Sheffield and surrounding areas. We will not email you otherwise unless you have given us your consent, except for booking confirmations and related matters
We will need to collect a certain amount of data from you, but will collect no more than we need. The information we will collect about you includes your name and your email address, which will be used for the following reasons:
- To enable us to make a record of your booking.
- To enable us to contact you about your booking.
- To enable us to update you with any important information pertaining to your booking.
We will not hold any data on you longer than necessary. If you wish to have your data removed completely from our systems, then please let us know.
Sheffield Tango Festival Terms & Conditions
In the terms and conditions below,. “We”, “our” and “us” refers to the Sheffield Tango Festival organising committee.
1. By making a booking or attending the Festival you are deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
2. The right of admission to Sheffield Tango Festival and any of its milongas, classes or workshops is at our discretion.
3. We reserve the right to amend or cancel part of the programme at any time without notice. In the event that we are unable to run a workshop or milonga, you will be given the opportunity to change to another available workshop or milonga or receive a refund for that particular workshop or milonga.
4. Should you be unable to attend the festival please let us know immediately. We will do our best to behave reasonably concerning refunds but please understand that we cannot guarantee a full or even a partial refund due to costs we may have incurred. Any decision will be made on an individual basis. If you cancel your booking after 20 April no refunds can be made.
If you need to change any aspect of your booking, please contact us quoting your booking reference. We will endeavour to change your booking in accordance with your wishes. Nevertheless, please note that we can make no guarantees about the availability of alternative workshops. If you choose to cancel a workshop, we cannot guarantee a refund. Any refunds will be made relative to the price you paid when booking.
5. Participation at the Sheffield Tango Festival is at your own risk and the Organisers and its volunteers and agents cannot be held responsible for any damage, loss or injury incurred as a result of attending an event.
6. The Organisers do not accept responsibility for any lost or stolen property.
7. The Organisers are not responsible for any expenses incurred if an event is cancelled or delayed.
8. You may take photos at the Sheffield Tango Festival for non-commercial purposes. Please do not use photos for commercial use or take video recordings of workshops or milongas without prior permission from the Organisers.
9. By attending the Sheffield Tango Festival you consent to the filming, photography or sound recording of you as a member of the audience and the use of such material for non-commercial purposes, or for commercial purposes also in the case of the Organisers, teachers, DJs and sponsors.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to eject customers, without refund, from any event at their discretion, for reasons including but not limited to behaviour that compromises the safety or enjoyment of other dancers.
11. This website (“Site”) is operated by Sheffield Tango Festival. By accessing any part of this website you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full.
12. We shall do our best to ensure the uninterrupted availability of the Site. Nevertheless we may discontinue or amend any aspect of the Site at any time without notice.
13. Material included on the Site is intended for information about Sheffield Tango Festival only. Nothing on this Site constitutes advice, recommendation or endorsement by us about any third party.
14. You are welcome to share a link to this Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, does not damage our reputation nor suggests or implies any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to this Site at any time.
15. All text, logos, images, templates, layouts and information on the Site are the property of the Organisers, unless provided by third parties. You may print, copy, or download extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on the Site for your own personal use.
16. The Organisers use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Site is clear and accurate; if you do not think it is clear or accurate please let us know as soon as possible.
17. We, our agents and volunteers, expressly disclaim all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use, or inability to use, the Site whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, errors, omissions, misrepresentations, out of date or incomplete information, delays, viruses, other harmful components or otherwise.
19. We reserve the right to modify any part of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
20. In all matters relating to the Site and to your attendance at Sheffield Tango Festival English law shall apply and you hereby agree to submit the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Sheffield Tango Festival October 2022